Mid-way through your application for CPEng and thinking, "better the devil you know than the one you don’t"?
- Build foundations for future Senior Management now
- Healthy project book
- Salary increase now and after CPEng
- Individual mentoring for CPEng
Your apprehension about your CPEng doesn’t need to be of concern. There are immediate benefits of working for a medium sized Consulting company while you are in the process of getting your CPEng and beyond.
Current opportunity where you can improve your monetary and status benefits now. It'll give you extra motivation to reach CPEng faster while in a secure career that can give you future growth.
And while you are achieving your CPEng, you will be fostering relationships with the Directors, allowing you to lay the foundations to become a member of the Senior Management team; in time influencing the direction of the company, the staff they employ and the projects they attract.
- Main focus and revenue raiser in the company is Structural Design and they don’t get confused and temped by larger infrastructure projects.
- Mid and High Rise Residential, and mixed-use commercial-residential buildings feature heavily in the pipeline for 2019/2020
- Further develop your relationship with key Developers, Contractors and Architects, which in turn will increase your “business development” approach and skills.
- An increase in client interaction will develop your IP, which will make you more “marketable” in the future.
You will quickly benefit from the move to a mid-sized consultancy when it comes to remuneration: their overheads are much lower so they can pay their staff more and still be very competitive with internationals in their project scope. The decision making process is quicker than in the multinationals due to limited red tape, and equity, with potential Directorship, is on the table for the Senior Structural Engineer who demonstrates an affinity with leadership roles.